Friday, April 24, 2015

Traveling to Johannesburg.

 I am new at this whole blogging thing, but I will do my best to keep everyone informed of all that has been happening during my travels with Mercy Ships.

I started my travels from Victoria to Seattle, then Seattle to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam to Johannesburg. I took a few photos of the flight to Amsterdam, but the photo I took of Hudson Bay really blew me away. Yes that is ICE!



Another photo taken later on that flight:


It is currently 11:56 pm in Johannesburg South Africa, and I could not be more awake. You might think it is entirely due to being in a new location, but in truth, the main contributor is the fact that it is only 3:00pm in Victoria! It may take more than a few days to recalibrate my circadian rhythm. Where am I writing from? I am currently about 12 minutes away from the airport in Johannesburg at a wonderful lodge called Blue Mango Lodge!




The employees here are great. In fact, right now as I write this, I am in the lobby with one of the drivers as we talk about traveling, health care and the like. All in all, the first bit of traveling has been a great time and I look forward to my 10 am (roughly 1:00 am in Victoria) flight to Antananarivo (Madagascar).

I will try to post again when I arrive in Madagascar! Thanks. \
- Jesse Spooner

No comments:

Post a Comment