Tuesday, April 28, 2015

From Jahennesburg to Antananarivo!

Hi everyone, sorry for not posting a blog earlier, I have been taking some time to get used to the ship and working on board.

The Trip to the Ship:
To begin my trip from Johannesburg to Madagascar, I flew into Antananarivo-the capital city of Madagascar. I was driven to a guest house where I was able to see the city, and found it to be a very beautiful place! The people are extremely friendly despite 90% of the population living on a dollar a day (was told this by a Mercy Ships staff). The night at the guest house was peaceful, but the 10 hour time difference kept me from getting some rest.
Here are some photos of my time trip to and in Antananarivo.
PS. During the flight, I was actually situated beside an anesthetist that was also going to Tamatave, Madagascar to work on Mercy Ships. Thought it was quite a nice coincidence.

Photo #1: This is a photo of the journey from Johannesburg to Antananarivo. 
 Photo #2: First landing in Madagascar.
Photo #3: A sunset from the guesthouse!
Photo #4:A man walking his ox outside my guest house :)
Thank you!
Jesse Spooner

No comments:

Post a Comment